Friday, October 31, 2014

The Hello Prayer

   

    The easiest prayer, most simple to say, is the single word, "Hello."

     Prayer so often sounds like an arduous hurdle we must skillfully leap over to reach a feeling of peace and closeness with God. My list of tasks piles up so high most days that connecting with God just sounds like another chore I must accomplish somewhere along the way. My soul gets overwhelmed as my mind races through all that needs to be done until I remember,

     “Oh! Hello!”

     He’s already here with me. There's no special incantation to chant, seven times, in just the right order, to get God's attention. No. He is here all the time. He is ever present, ever near, ever waiting for me to be present with Him. I can be, if I simply say,

     “Hello.”

     My mind gets cluttered with the countless tasks of the day, and the many days ahead. So much to do, so much I should be doing that I'm not. But I say Hello, I turn to Him mentally and spiritually with that word, and He reminds me,

     "Wait. Don't worry. Just focus on the tasks I assign you today. Still your soul's racing pace. I am here. I will walk with you through every task. Don't let your own thoughts carry you off without me. I will carry you in my arms, Peace and Joy, through every place you need to go."

     Hope stirs in my soul. Ah, He's right here. I can start with praying continually. I can talk to Him. I can listen to Him no matter what’s going on around me. I can access Him any time I want, if I simply say,

     “Hello.”

No comments:

Post a Comment