Friday, December 12, 2014

A Dialogue with Dad: Learning to Listen in Prayer


As I've mentioned before, I believe an important part of prayer isn't just asking, or even thanking--it's listening. What might the Father be trying to tell you this afternoon? The other day I asked Him that question and was somewhat surprised with the answer! The following dialogue served to encourage me greatly, but the words He has for me are for you, too--and I hope you find encouragement in them as I did.

....

DAD, I just want to hang out with you all day. You are the best part of any of my days. What are you trying to tell me this morning?
-
Just trust me Dear One. TRUST my character. It’s good, loving, Benevolent. I am always good towards you, towards all.
-
I believe You’re good. But distractions come at me that lead my thoughts away from You. I think about my reputation and doubt my connection with You, if I’m hearing Your voice, if it's Your leading or just my own thoughts. What do I do to know it's You speaking and hear You in the midst of chaos?
-
Be with me all the time. Pray in the Spirit all the time. Walk in me, rest in me, live in me, Sweet Little One. I love. I love more than enough for you. Move as I move. Speak what I’m saying. Learn my voice, I am always speaking. I will take you through verdant lands unknown by you or any man. I will make you fruitful and multiplied. You are my Beloved. My vessel for love.


I am Yours.
You are mine.

Always. Ever. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment